Sunday, October 16, 2011

10 Reasons I am Looking Forward to Graduation

1. No Homework!!!!!
2. I can read a novel, not a text book
3. I won't feel obligated to study instead of relax
4. Having a home instead of just a place to live during school
5. Actually having a degree
6. Being able to call myself an engineer
7. No homework
8. Being a CSU Alumni
9. Having a real job
10. Getting paid for the work that I do, instead of paying to do the work that I do.

I guess this is a good time to tell you that I have accepted a full time Environmental Engineering position in Cheyenne Wyoming at a company called Terracon Consulting Engineers and Scientists starting part time now and full time when I graduate. This is going to be good because it is close to home and close enough that Jason and I can live together while he finishes school. I am looking forward to the position as it deals with writing ESA Phase 1 and 2 Assessments and is a lot of field work!!! My new boss says that at Terracon there is no glass ceiling, and I hope to someday attain my PE and be a mentor to younger engineers. I might also have the opportunity to move anywhere in the US (including Colorado!!!).



5 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm sure that must be nice to have a job lined up already. I'm sure you'll be a great asset to the company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS MY LOVE!!! That is absolutely wonderful news!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh what exciting news. The best not only having a job, but the absolute best is that you and Jason can live together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I was thinking about you the other day wondering how your job search was going. Such wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! This is wonderful news for the two of you. Good luck as you begin this next adventure!

    ReplyDelete